Components of the System:
- LED Scoreboard: The centerpiece of the system is the LED scoreboard, which consists of a large video display panel made up of multiple LED modules. The size of the scoreboard may vary based on the facility’s requirements and budget. The LED technology ensures excellent visibility, even in bright sunlight or under pool lighting conditions.
- Control Console: The control console is the command center for operating and managing the scoreboard system. It includes a computer or dedicated control unit with specialized software that allows operators to input and update event data, display scores, control video playback, and manage various scoreboard functions.
- Timing System Integration: The LED video scoreboard system integrates with the facility’s timing system, which captures and processes data such as race times, lap counts, and event results. The timing system can be linked to the scoreboard software, enabling automatic updating of scores and times in real-time.
- Data Input Interfaces: The system offers multiple data input interfaces for seamless integration with various data sources. These interfaces can include wired or wireless connections to timing systems, event management software, and external data feeds. For example, the system can receive data from touchpads at the end of swimming lanes or judges’ scoring systems for diving events.
- Score Display: The scoreboard prominently displays scores and times during events. It can show individual and team scores, lap times, event progress, event records, and rankings. The information is typically presented in large, easy-to-read digits and can include color coding or graphical elements to enhance visibility and comprehension.
- Video Display and Playback: In addition to displaying scores and times, the LED video scoreboard can show live video feeds from underwater cameras, above-water cameras, or other sources. This allows spectators to have a clear view of the action, especially in swimming and diving events. The system can also support video playback, showing highlights, instant replays, or pre-recorded content during breaks.
- Event Information and Advertising: The scoreboard system provides a platform for displaying event-related information and advertisements. This includes event schedules, competitor names, sponsor logos, and promotional messages. The content can be easily customized and updated to suit specific events or sponsors.
- Audio Integration: Some scoreboard systems may have integrated speakers or audio interfaces to provide announcements, event commentary, or music during competitions. This enhances the overall atmosphere and engagement for spectators.